Northstar is a modding framework client that allows users to host their own Titanfall 2 servers using custom scripts and assets to create custom content, as well as being able to host vanilla content.
Firstly, note that the Northstar client is only available on PC and
requires you to both own the game and have it installed.
- Download the zip with the "Manual Download" button
- Copy the files from inside the "Northstar" folder from the zip to your game folder. This can vary depending on whether you purchased the game off Steam or Origin, and if you set a custom folder for game installs.
- For Steam - Right click Titanfall 2 > Properties > Local Files > Browse
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Titanfall2
- For Origin - To find the location of your Origin library go to Origin -> Application Setting -> Installs & Saves -> On your Computer -> Game Library Location
Go to the directory mentioned there using File Explorer and open the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2
- For EA App - To find the location of your EA library go to Settings -> Download
Go to the directory under "Install location" using File Explorer and open the
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Titanfall2
NorthstarLauncher.exe to start Northstar
- After launching for the first time, you'll be greeted with a popup requesting to authenticate to the master server. Click Yes (This can be changed in the mods menu later if desired)
- Select Launch Northstar
- From the multiplayer menu, you can use the server browser to select and join any of the public community hosted servers.